Just Hymns is a series of printed, bound books of Kim Snow’s easy, two-hand piano arrangements of ten popular hymns. Though written for children, it is appropriate for any beginner regardless of age.
“As a teacher, hymn writer, and one who has played the hymns for my church for nearly 30 years, I have learned what works — what kind of arrangements beginner students can read, understand, and actually learn to play. I have tested these hymns with my students, and they love them!”
If you are looking for additional help to learn how to play hymns, consider our series, Favorite Hymns for Kids, which also includes hymn worksheets, rhythm worksheets, and hymn and rhythm worksheet answer keys.
Each Just Hymns book include:
- Enlarged music score—two pages per hymn
- Verse one of each hymn, additional marks including introduction, refrain, playing both hands up one octave and final “Amen” ending
- Measure numbers (circled) at the beginning of each music scoreline
- Finger number recommendations above or below notes for both hands. Arrows above or below finger numbers alert students of changing finger positions
- Piano arrangement marks reference sheet – an example of how to use piano arrangement marks
- Rhythm worksheet reference sheet – rhythm examples of how to count and write rhythms
- Time Signatures
- Hymn Terms
- Music Terms and Symbols
- Rhythm and Note Values
- Key Signatures and Scales
We offer four Just Hymns categories:
- Christmas Hymns
- Easter Hymns
- Thanksgiving Hymns
Click HERE for an index of all our hymns that are available as individual downloads and in our books.
The difference between Just Hymns Book Series and Favorite Hymns for Kids Book Series
|Just Hymns Book Series||Favorite Hymns for Kids Book Series|
- Just Hymns